EFFECTIVE DATE: September 17, 2012
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
Automatic Collection: L. Tremain, Inc. may use common Internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with the Site, products and Services and to improve the quality of its Service. L. Tremain, Inc. may also collect related information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) and/or your mobile device ID, your referring website addresses, browser type, domain name and access times. In addition to your interactions on the Site, information may be collected via emails between you and Company.
- Cookie: When you visit L. Tremain, Inc.’s Site and/or utilize a Service, L. Tremain, Inc.’s servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but they recognize your web browser; unless you choose to identify yourself to L. Tremain, Inc. (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to L. Tremain, Inc.. A cookie can be either session based (assigned to you each time you sign in) or persistent (it identifies browsers that have previously visited L. Tremain, Inc.’s Site or utilized a Service). Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies; however, if you do so, certain Site or Service features may not work.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP Address: an Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Mobile Device ID: a Mobile Device ID is a label that is assigned to each mobile device.
- Referring website address: a Referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously.
- Browser: A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
In addition, L. Tremain, Inc. may utilize third parties to track and analyze usage information, and in so doing may use third party cookies. Please see more detailed information below under “Additional Information About Third Parties” if you would like to know more about third party data collection, and in particular third party cookies.
Voluntary Collection: L. Tremain, Inc. may collect information that personally identifies you if you choose to share such information while registering an account, purchasing products, using other Services, subscribing to newsletters, participating in sweepstakes, or some events. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register or provide the requested information, you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site. For example, to make a purchase you will have to provide information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card information.
Publicly Posted: Information that you post on or through any public areas on the Site (or elsewhere on the Internet) may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect enables L. Tremain, Inc. to:
- fulfill your orders for products, including providing order confirmation and status updates
- enable use of the Services and administer Site activities
- customize the advertising and content you see on the Site and elsewhere
- improve the Services and Site
- contact and communicate with you, unless you have directed us not to
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information
- place you on marketing lists to receive offers and updates about products and services, such as email lists and direct mail/catalog lists, unless you opt-out
- combine your information with information we receive from marketing partners and from unrelated third parties
- protect the security and integrity of the Site and/or Services
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners in anonymous form (meaning the information will not contain any personally identifiable information) for a variety of purposes.
- In the event of a prospective or actual sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including personally identifiable information and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, in response to a governmental request, to assist in fraud protection or investigation or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our Site, products or Services.
WHAT DO YOU STORE? HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION, AND WHEN WILL YOU DISPOSE OF IT?
- Please note that the manner in which we use the personal information you enter into the shopping cart will be maintained from session to session unless you modify your subscription status settings. If you enter third party personal information for the purpose of sending something to such third party, this information will only be used to fulfill, ship and confirm delivery of the product to such third party.
PEOPLE UNDER 13
- We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under 13 to ensure compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA and its accompanying regulations under United States federal law protect the privacy of children using the Internet. Because we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. Our Site, products and Services may include content that may be unsuitable for children under 13 and are not necessarily monitored. L. Tremain, Inc. encourages parents to talk to their children about online safety and to monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIRD PARTIES
- Data Gathering:
- L. Tremain, Inc. may also establish a business relationship with third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage information from users who visit the Site or utilize the Services and these third parties may also use third party cookies. Users may go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp to opt-out of most third party tracking.
- If there are ads on the Site, advertisers and other third parties like ad serving companies may set third party cookies (or other technologies such as pixel tags) to compile information about where you or others who are using your computer saw their advertisements and analyze and optimize the performance of the ads.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
L. Tremain, Inc. uses reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information it collects online appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, L. Tremain, Inc. cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site, or in using the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
Phishing is a scam designed to steal your personal information. We would never ask you for any credit card or bank information via email, so if you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking for your credit card or bank information, do not respond.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
Butter Bell® Store
4086 Del Rey Ave
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-5602
REVIEWING, CHANGING OR UNSUBSCRIBING
If you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, unsubscribe to a L. Tremain, Inc. communication or otherwise manage communications your receive from L. Tremain, Inc., you may make such changes by modifying online the subscription options and account information available on the Site (where applicable), sending an email request to Customer Service at email@example.com, contacting us by phone at 1-888-575-1900, or by mailing your request to us at the physical contact information above. Note that if you unsubscribe to emails it may not affect other communications you receive from us, and we will still communicate with you about transaction or account information. Please note that if you wish to opt out of receiving email communications or to remove any personal identifying information from use by a third party for marketing or advertising purposes, you must do so in writing by email or postal mail to the email address referenced in this paragraph or the postal address above.
We will use reasonable efforts to process all unsubscribe requests promptly upon receipt, and if you have advised in writing via one of the methods set forth above that you do not wish for us to share any personal information about you with any third party for marketing or commercial purposes, we will comply with your request and remove your personal information within 10 days after the date that your written email request has been received or within 6-8 weeks if you send such request by postal mail. Additional delays may occur if the email address or postal address information you provide us does not match the information in our database.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of L. Tremain, Inc. who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Butter Bell® Store
4086 Del Rey Ave
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-5602